- Hiring a gutter company to install gutter guards can be ridiculously expensive. But buying the product and then either installing the gutter covers yourself — or hiring a handyman to do the installation — can be far less expensive. We walk you through the project.
- Laminate countertops can give you the look of natural stone without the price – but they’re not quite as durable. But the good news is that laminate tops are actually pretty easy to repair. We’ll share some tricks of the trade to keep your tops — in tip-top shape
- Are you ready to give your walls a new look just in time for fall – we’ve got tips on wall coverings that can add interest and color to your décor.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Betsy in Georgia wants to know how to replace popcorn ceiling.
- Leonard in South Carolina wants to make a structural repair and asking if he needs a flinch plate for the header he is looking to install?
- Judy in Iowa is trying to make sure she has the right ventilation in her attic and if her vapor barrier was installed properly.
- Rick in Pennsylvania needs helping getting candle wax off a deck.
- Ester in South Dakota wants advice on putting small windows on a metal garden shed.
- Pat from Pennsylvania needs help with a leak in his garage ceiling.
- Julie in Colorado wants to know how energy efficient is a heat pump in a fully electric house.
- Joseph is wondering why electric outlets not working in his room despite the fan and lights working.
- Mary in North Dakota has a crumbling concrete floor after water damage and wants to know how to fix it.