- Winter is rough on roofs so now is a good time to plan for any roof work that might be needed to be done come spring. We’ll share tips for a DIY roof check to know if a roof needs to be repaired or replaced – in today’s Smart Spending Tip.
- Got closets busting at the seams? We’ve got steps for a simple closet makeover that takes less than an hour or two to get done and will help you find the space you need.
- If you’d like to make your home more energy efficient, a home energy audit is a great place to start. We’ll share how details to get this done, and highlight a DIY option, just ahead.
- Say goodbye to the dark days of winter with the best lighting for your home. We share the bulbs and fixtures that deliver the brightest outlook for the days ahead.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Risa from Oregon needs a good gutter guard recommendation.
- John in Missouri is building a guest home and wants to know if it’s better to start from scratch or if he should use a prefab.
- Kathy from Massachusetts has chimney that is turning to dust and wants to know what she can do about it.
- Jim in Ohio wants to know his options for insulating his basement as well as noise-proof it.
- Fran from Tennessee needs a replacement for her French door.
- Chad in Iowa wants to prevent moisture in his bay windows.
- Cindy from Michigan wants to know her options for generating her own power to cut down on her bills.
- Sparky in Georgia has a water ring problem in one of his bathrooms that keeps coming back.
- Laura from South Carolina is installing anti-slip deck paint and is concerned about damaging the deck.
- Jack in Nebraska is putting a new floor into his basement and wants to know if he can put down engineered wood flooring.
Leave a Reply