- Paint Colors: If you’re starting the new year with a new look for your home, find out how to choose the best paint colors for every room.
- House Cleaning: Are you ready to get help cleaning the house? Here’s how to hire a cleaning service while saving money and effort.
- Winter Blues: When dreary winter days get you down, these tips can lift your spirits and brighten things up throughout your home.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Leaking Shower: A leaking shower is soaking the bathroom subflooring. We’ve got tips on whether Maria needs to replace the shower pan or reseal gaps in the grout.
- Composite Decking: Is it worth replacing an old wood deck with composite decking? Carl learns the advantages of using durable composite materials that are easy to install and maintain.
- Refinishing Furniture: Ruth has a beautiful custom solid oak table, but she may need a professional for the work involved in refinishing the wood furniture.
- Cold Floors: That concrete basement floor is too cold, but Jay can install an insulated subfloor to put over it to warm things up.
- Home Warranties: After just one year, problems keep popping up in a newly constructed home. Tina should hire a home inspector, document the issues, and contact the home warranty company to ensure coverage.
- House Foundation: Solid concrete vs. cinderblock foundation? Moisture can penetrate any type of foundation, but Steve can keep things dry by improving drainage outside the house.
- Cracked Bath Liner: Stephanie’s noticing small cracks in her acrylic bathtub liner. Superficial cracks in the surface of the glaze can be hidden by applying a layer of car wax.