- Upgraded Gutters: Find out how installing and maintaining better gutters help manage water drainage and prevent damage inside and outside your home.
- Healthier Insulation: Indoor air quality begins with healthy products inside your walls. We share info on safe, reliable, and convenient fiberglass insulation.
- Shower Windows: Old homes often have shower windows. Learn how to keep bathroom window interiors dry to avoid the spread of moisture and mold.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Vinyl Flooring: Angela is tempted to paint her old vinyl floor that’s gotten yellow, but we explain why it’s not a good idea and suggest some affordable flooring options.
- HVAC Systems: How can you reduce excessive indoor dust? We’ve got tips for Joe on upgrading his HVAC filters and installing a whole-house electronic air cleaner.
- Shower Inserts: That lime green fiberglass shower insert has got to go, but Peg’s not sure if it should be reglazed or removed. We’ll tell her the better option to update her bathroom.
- Flagpoles: What’s the best way to fly your flag if you’re having trouble attaching a flagpole? Tom explains what Linda should do to reinforce a flagpole bracket outside her door.
- Wildlife Pests: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? Al’s not sure, but they’re digging deep holes that are destroying his property. We’ve got a suggestion on how to humanely remove and relocate some wildlife pests.
- Contractor Problems: After a home fire, Beth has been scammed by a contractor she hired and wants to know what to do. This may be a situation that requires legal action.
- Water Sensors: Do water sensors really work? Doug learns why they’re worth the investment to detect leaks and frozen pipes.