- Floor Heating Systems: If stepping onto a cold floor gives you the chills, find out about floor heating systems with smart new technology.
- Air Purifiers: Trying to get rid of persistent odors from cooking, pets, smoking, and more? You’ll want to learn about these effective air purifiers.
- Sealing Drafts: Renters may have limited options when it comes to eliminating drafts in their homes, but we’ve got some easy, low-cost solutions.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Kitchen Sinks: Trying to decide between a single sink or a double sink? We give Kathy some info on the advantages of large kitchen sinks that make them so popular.
- Noisy Plumbing: Robert wants to reduce the noise from his drainage pipes. We’ve got tips to help muffle the sounds of the plumbing behind his walls.
- Brick Steps: You don’t need to replace brick steps that are starting to separate and crumble. We tell Sandy how to repoint the concrete mortar instead.
- Removing Moss: If you have unsightly moss on your asphalt shingle roof, there’s a solution. Roger gets suggestions on increasing sunlight, dissolving the moss, and adding copper flashing to prevent it from returning.
- Restoring Old Furniture: Removing the paint and adding stain to an old wooden dresser can be a rewarding DIY project. Sherry gets step-by-step advice on how to do it.
- Refinishing Wood Floors: After sanding his oak wood flooring, what product should Andrew use to refinish it? We’ll discuss clear varnishes and the prep work that’s needed.
- Garage Floor Stains: Cleaning grease stains on a garage floor is a common DIY project. We’ll let Kathy know what product to use and how to paint the floor so it will be easy to clean.