Planning a backyard bash for the Fourth of July? Whether the celebration is large or small, add some green to your red, white and blue party plans. Here are five sustainable solutions for Independence Day and any other outdoor gala on your summer calendar.
- All-natural charcoal: Made from ecologically harvested wood, 100% natural mesquite charcoal is a carbon-neutral, flavor-enhancing alternative for preparation of your grilled specialties.
- Store sustainably: While other glass food storage sets uses non-biodegradable plastic that doesn’t break down in landfills and is full of unhealthy chemicals, these Eco-Friendly Glass Storage Containers with Bamboo Lids use ZERO plastic – not even in the packaging. We only use glass, silicone, and bamboo – all sustainable materials. Plus, the bamboo lids aren’t just beautiful and sustainable, these include features that will also make your life easier. The grooved lid makes for easy stacking with no spills. And the silicone ring creates an airtight seal that also holds the lid in place. Your food stays fresh and secure.
- Natural refreshment: Mix up a batch of green mojitos using organic rum, club soda, pure cane sugar, organic limes and freshly crushed organic mint grown in your garden. Serve them in recycled glassware, such as summer-friendly mason jars.
- Serving sustainably: Eco-Friendly Dinnerware like the 300 pc set from Amazon can make their debut at your July 4th bash, then be invited back to the table for other summer parties. These colorful plates are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
- Banishing bugs: Keep mosquitoes out of the party zone with all-natural citronella torches from Big Dipper Wax Works. Mounted on simple, sustainable bamboo poles, the torch candles are a long-burning blend of beeswax, soy wax and essential oils.