- Have you been feeling drafts all winter long and wondering if replacing old or drafty windows is a wise move? 7 key questions can help determine if this project is right for you.
- If you need to hang something heavy on a wall, it’s always best to connect into wood studs. But if you can’t find one, new fasteners may allow you to connect directly to the drywall. We share how to choose the right anchor for the job.
- One item that is probably floating around your junk draw right now is causing homes to go up in flames. We’ll share an important safety tip.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Gayla from California is trying to repair scratches in her Corian countertop.
- Randy in Arkansas wants to know if he can use a large vacuum to quickly remove old insulation in his home.
- Margie from Maryland needs to get rid of a smoke smell in her house.
- Dave wants to know how to remove a carpet without damaging the floor underneath.
- Tim from Minnesota is looking for a dimmer for LED lights.
- Laura in Connecticut is asking for the best primer to use on rust stains.
- Dave wants to put a cast iron insert into his fireplace and wants to know if it’s safe and DIY.
- Michelle from Pennsylvania wants a more efficient heating system in her home.
- John how to fix a toilet not flushing properly.
- Terry in Ohio says after replacing his hot water heater the a water has a rotten egg smell.