If your existing wood deck is looking a little tired, here are two great ways to clean your wood deck:
- Using a 5-gallon bucket, mix 3 quarts of water, 1 quart of bleach and half a cup of detergent (NOTE: be sure the detergent does not contain ammonia, as mixing ammonia and bleach can form a dangerous gas).
- Mix the solution in the bucket, and then apply to the deck using a stiff floor brush. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- Be sure to cover nearby vegetation before using this method as bleach can be detrimental.
Spray & Forget House & Deck Cleaner
- Mold, moss, mold, mildew and algae can make a real mess of the outside surfaces of any house. Spray & Forget is an easy to apply solution that smothers those biological growths and stops them from coming back.
- Spray & Forget works on almost any exterior surface and will not discolor or damage the treated surface or any nearby surface when used as directed. In fact, Spray & Forget does not need to be rinsed so you do not have to worry about potentially damaging pressure washing or brushing techniques used with traditional cleaners.
- Listen to our interview with Spray & Forget’s founder, Scott Dudjak for more.
When planning your deck cleaning project, try and work in the cooler conditions of the early morning or late afternoon. Cleaning a hot deck is more difficult as the mixture may dry before it has time to work.