- Removing Walls: Open up your floor plan by removing walls – even load-bearing ones – without bringing the house down.
- Gas Fireplaces: Stop sending heat up the chimney! We’ve got the advantages of installing a direct vent gas fireplace.
- Space Organization: Not ready to downsize? Simplifying your home allows you to save more and stress less without sacrificing space.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions about:
- Toilet Condensation: Cold water in the toilet plus warm and humid indoor air is causing condensation on the outside of the toilet. Ilene can get a toilet insulating kit or have a plumber add a hot water line to warm the water.
- Vertical Siding: Greg is curious about hanging vinyl siding vertically instead of horizontally. It’s a viable option as long as the siding is rated for vertical installation and the correct backing is used.
- Adding Insulation: It’s time to add attic insulation to Barb’s older home. We explain how standards have changed and why insulation that settles and sags is less efficient.
- Concrete Driveway Repair: A triangular area of Tim’s concrete driveway has cracked and dropped. If it can’t be removed, he can use an epoxy concrete repair product to create a patch.
- How to Choose Siding: When an unused garage is turned into an addition, what siding material should be used to match the brick and cedar exterior? We have suggestions on using plank shingles and how to choose a siding color.
- Plumbing: What should you look for when turning on water that’s been turned off for a long time? Keith gets step-by-step tips on how to get the water running again and how to check for leaks.
- Flooring: After her pets ruined the carpet and floor, LuAnn is ready to install new flooring. She’ll want to use an oil-based product to prime and seal the subfloor before installing a new wood floor over it.
- Blown-In Insulation: Dave needs to insulate his brick balloon frame home. The ceiling space under the attic is most important, and then the walls. Blown-in insulation with an infrared camera is the best way to insulate the cavities.
- Preventing Mice: How can you keep mice away from a seasonal home? Sarah should be sure to leave out no food, seal all holes and cracks, avoid nesting areas, and apply rodenticide to eliminate mice.
Leave a Reply