The long, dark days of winter tend to give project-loving homeowners the blues. But you don’t have to wait for spring to arrive to start decorating or the stock market to soar to get your DIY groove back. A few dollar-wise home improvement projects can spruce up your home and your spirits, and help beat the winter blues.
- Best foot forward: Spruce up the front door by polishing door hardware, rolling out a new doormat and making sure porch lights are in order and equipped with fresh bulbs at the maximum wattage allowed by the fixture.
- Add color: Plant winter color in porch front containers and strategic spots along walkways or landscape beds.
- Inside gardens: Start spring early with planters of forced bulbs or a mini herb garden stationed in a sunny window.
- Bright lights: Nothing helps beat the winter blues better than bright lights. Be alert to needs in your indoor lighting scheme, and make additions and adjustments for warm, welcoming comfort throughout your family’s waking hours.
- More décor ideas: Warm up living areas with colorful throws and comfy pillows, adding spring tones and textures as the next season draws near.
Winter may be long and dark but your decorating scheme doesn’t have to be. With a few simple home improvements, you can brighten up your space and your attitude, and beat the winter blues.
Leave a Reply