Home inspectors see it all, the good, the bad and the truly amusing! Here’s a dozen “DIY Don’ts,” courtesy of the American Society of Home Inspectors.
- How many boots does it take to flash a plumbing vent? Raj Hayden, Cardinal Home Inspection, Seattle, WA
- Lending a helping hoof! Jerry Kelly, Southern Home Inspection, LLC, Birmingham, AL
- Springing a leak or first sign of Spring? James Brock, Boston Home Inspectors, Inc. South Boston, MA
- How convenient, an asbestos blower to make sure it reaches every nook and cranny. Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Elizabethtown, PA
- No animals were harmed during this inspection. Peter Ottowitz, The Hawkeye Companies, Stow, MA
- Why bother with straps when this wiring is so conveniently located? Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Elizabethtown, PA
- This DIY’rs motto: Zipa-dee-doo-dah done! Jerry Kelly, Southern Home Inspection, LLC, Birmingham, AL
- Creative way to cool your roof. Ryan O’Mara, A Sound Mind, Home Inspection, Maui, HI
- Water removal system OR local micro-brewery? Devin Childers, HERO Home, Inspection Services, Adairsville, GA
- Time to drain the swamp? Randy Via, Charles L. Geich & Associates. Columbus, OH
- A decade of dust! Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Elizabethtown, PA
- Lookout, it’s gonna blow! Ryan Baum, 1 Step ABOVE, Home Inspections, Littleton, CO
Looking for a qualified home inspector? The American Society of Home Inspector’s Find-an-Inspector tool can connect you with an experience pro in your local area.