More from Home Safety

Shower Head Cleaning Tips: Faq

In a recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Colorado at Boulder, shower heads were found to contain bacteria potentially dangerous to those that had weakened immune systems. Moreover, the researchers found that not only will cleaning with bleach not kill the bacteria, but...

Some Smoke Detectors May NOT Save Lives: Ionization vs. Photoelectric

A disturbing investigative report by NBC News reveals that popular smoke detectors found in millions of homes across the country may not protect your family in a fire.  The report comes on the heels of a Texas A&M University experiment that found some smoke detectors will not sound the alarm...

How to Prevent Accidental Poisoning at Home

Accidental poisonings at home are a serious problem, but a study finds most Americans aren't taking the simple steps needed to prevent accidental poisoning. 

According to the Home Safety Council, accidental poisoning is the second leading cause of home injury death in the United States. Yet,...

Interior Remodeling

Radon gas dangers in the home have become more prevalent, and can affect homeowners before radon is detected. Consider the story of Stanley, a nuclear power company employee from Pennsylvania. One day he arrived at work and the radiation monitors at the plant screamed an alarm. The experts...

Kid Spaces

Keeping kids safe in the summer is more challenging than at any other time of the year. A child safety  study by the National Safe Kids Campaign revealed that May marks the start of a trauma season during which children are at the highest risk of severe injury or death.  

In the...

Tools

 Ladder safety is a common home issue, with roughly 180,000 emergency room visits and 150 deaths associated with household ladder use every year. And while human error may explain some of these problems, Consumer Reports notes in their recent report that lax ladder safety standards and...