Have you tried spray foam insulation only to find it sticky and messy to work with? The new DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam is a game-changing insulation solution that will turn your projects into a haven of comfort and energy efficiency. DAP® Touch ‘N Foam Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam with Widespray Applicator kits are portable, self-contained one-component polyurethane foam dispensing kits.
DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam is more than just insulation; it’s your key to creating an energy-efficient and comfortable living environment. The one-component polyurethane foam dispensing kit is designed to effectively air-seal and insulate a home while enhancing its R-Value. It also provides Class A fire resistance, so you can have peace of mind knowing your home is not only cozy but safe.
One-Component Formula Simplifies Spray Foam Application
DAP® has dramatically improved the ability for pros and serious DIY’rs to use spray foam insulation with these easy-to-use, portable, and self-contained kits. The technology behind this foam offers a broadcast spray solution similar to two-component systems, but in a simpler, more user-friendly one-component package. Whether you’re a professional or a dedicated DIY enthusiast, you’ll find that DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam a perfect solution for insulating of rim joists, wall cavities and attics.
What sets DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam apart is its versatility. It’s like a Swiss Army knife for insulation. You can use it to seal and insulate stud wall cavities, rim joists, basements, attics, and crawlspaces. This foam can adapt to various applications, making it your go-to solution for all your insulation needs and compatible with most common building materials. Whether it’s plastics, elastomers, wood, steel, or more, this foam forms a strong bond to ensure your insulation stays put.
One of the standout features of DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam is how easy it is to apply. Each kit comes complete with an applicator, an 8-foot hose, extra nozzles, gloves, a wrench, and thorough use instructions. You’ll have everything you need to get started on your insulation project. Plus, the step-by-step application guide outlines the process and ensures a smooth process, even for beginners:
- Preparation: Before application, ensure the product is conditioned at 70–85°F for at least 24 hours. The project location’s temperature should fall within the 40° – 120°F range, with relative humidity at 40% or higher. A little shaking of the canister and making sure the applicator is in the “off” position is all you need to get started.
- Application: Applying the foam is a breeze. Always test it on a scrap surface before moving to your project. Keep the right distance between the spray nozzle (around 10-15 inches) and the material or substrate. You can adjust the spray width by varying the nozzle’s distance and the valve’s opening. The foam can be applied horizontally or vertically, depending on your needs.
- Cure Time: The foam surface becomes tack-free in just 10-12 minutes, allowing you to move forward with your project efficiently. You can trim the edges after 45 minutes, and the foam typically cures completely in four hours. Of course, the cure time can be influenced by factors like foam thickness, temperature, and humidity.
Cleanup and Storage
DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam is easy to clean up when uncured. You can use DAP® Foam Cleaner or acetone to remove it from most surfaces. Just avoid water, as it accelerates curing. If the foam dries on your skin, a simple process involving petroleum jelly, plastic gloves, and warm, soapy water will do the trick.
Storing the foam is a breeze too. Keep it upright in a dry, conditioned area, and avoid exposure to open flames or temperatures above 122°F. The ideal storage temperature falls between 70–85°F, so be mindful of your storage conditions.
Curious about how far one kit will go? DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam provides different yield outputs based on the canister size:
- The 10.5 lb canister yields up to 97 board ft
- The 20 lb canister yields up to 185 board ft
- The 35 lb canister yields up to 323 board ft
Keep in mind that real-world output may vary due to factors like temperature, humidity, and blowing agent loss.
A Smarter Way to Insulate Your Space
In a world where energy efficiency and home comfort are paramount, DAP® Touch ‘n Foam® Professional® Wall & Cavity Foam is your go-to solution. It’s a versatile, user-friendly insulation solution that can be applied in a wide range of temperatures. Say goodbye to drafts, rising energy bills, and uncomfortable living spaces. Whether you’re a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast, this foam is your key to a more comfortable, energy-efficient home.