Need a bigger bathroom but don’t have the time or money for a complete bathroom remodel? Then consider small-scale changes that create more room, better storage and a more functional bathroom floor plan.
By following these simple ideas, you can create that new stylish bathroom without spending a fortune to do it.
- Smart sinks: Pedestal-style or wall-mounted corner sinks can add functional charm and more floor space. Vessel sinks mounted on a scaled-down cabinet can deliver maximum impact without big bathroom remodeling costs.
- Toilets with flat tank tops: A flat-top tank gives you another storage spot, whether you place organizers directly on top of it or take advantage of the wall space above for a hanging cabinet or shelving.
- Bathroom Remodeling Space-saving showers and tubs:A comfy curved quadrant shower enclosure occupies a corner and at least a square foot less of floor space, and smaller tubs with deep-set seating offer a great soak. Space-saving showers and tubs can be less expensive than bathroom remodeling costs associated with larger tubs and showers.
- Lower-profile faucets and fixtures: Accessorize your bathroom remodeling project beautifully as you open up a bathroom’s visual space with stylish low-profile designs.
- Converted furnishings: Refurbished stand-alone storage cabinets, small tables converted into carts, and other vintage finds add personality while sequestering linens and toiletries.
- Medicine cabinets: Among of the greatest bathroom space-savers of all time, medicine cabinets are easy to install and can be found in looks ranging from beveled-glass retro to contemporary sleek.
- Towel storage: If you lack a linen closet or surplus cabinet space, keep things accessible and neat with a multi-tiered, hotel-style towel rack near the shower or tub, towel bars mounted on the back of the entry door, or a lineup of handy hooks.
- Wall-mounted radiator/warming rack: A European-style towel warming fixture can add luxury to your bathroom remodeling project with the comfort of radiant heat to warm your towels.
- Shower or tub shelf: Move toiletries out of other storage zones to a rust-proof, easy-to-clean shelf mounted in a shower or just above the edge of a tub.