CommunityHardwood Floors

Hardwood Floors

we live in a raised ranch and are replacing our wall-to-wall with hardwood flooring. Is there a best product to put down between the sub-floor and the hardwood?

The Money Pit Answer
No The Money Pit Answer Yet.
1 Answers
Guest Staff answered 7 years ago

The most common technique is to use rosin paper in between.  But some of the prefinished products have their own recommended underlayment as well.  Check out the products on Lumber Liquidators website, such as the Bellawood.  Great warranty — 50 years!