Hello, I live in Canada and we had mold in the basement. We had the exterior of the house graded away from the house, and had a spray foam insulation company come by and spray foamed our basement walls. I have since finished the basement to use as a rental property.
Last year, due to the gutters not being properly attached, we had some water fill up a window well during a heavy rain fall and come in through the basement window to the finished basement. This occurred in August — our tenants have stated that they smell mold in that room now (they didn’t smell anything before).
Upon inspection, there is no mold on the finished drywall and I personally don’t smell anything. I’m just wondering if it is possible that there could be mold behind the walls that they’re smelling — and if so, wouldn’t the mold make it’s way to the interior walls by now?
Any help would be appreciated. I know that the tenants never open the windows/blinds and kept the door closed for that specific room for awhile – so there was limited circulation.