CommunityHome Updating/Repair

Home Updating/Repair

Hi –

My dad recently passed away and now we are trying to figure out what needs to e done to his house to get it updated.  The house was built in the late 90s.  Specifically, I'm looking for things like the water heater, filters, roofs, etc.  Also, I think his house has aluminum pipes and you can hear when the water runs throughout the entire house.  What can we do to fix this without having to tear down the walls?

The Money Pit Answer
No The Money Pit Answer Yet.
1 Answers
Sheetal Werneke answered 6 years ago

First, sorry to hear about your dad.  I would recommend getting a professional home inspection by an ASHI certified inspector.  Visit to find one in your area.  An inspector can tell you exactly what issues the home has, if any.  Also, you will know exactly what's going on before any potential buyer can take issue with it.  Not getting caught off guard during the selling process will go a long way in a successful sale.  For more information on how a home inspection can help, please see our article, "Home Inspection Checklist for Buyers and Sellers".