THE MONEY PIT® “Good Night’s Sleep Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Money Pit® Good Night’s Sleep Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on February 1, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) and ends on March 15, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of their entry. Employees of Squeaky Door Productions, Inc, (“Sponsor) and Fosbrooke, Inc. dba Tuft & Needle
(“Prize Provider”) and any of Sponsor’s or Prize Provider’s affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, in-laws, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico and everywhere else outside the U.S. or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants are invited to participate by visiting the Sponsor’s website at newmoneypit.wpengine.com (the “Promotional Site”) where they will be directed to the sweepstakes entry form. Once there they will need to fill out and submit all the required fields on the entry form to gain one (1) Sweepstakes entry. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, per day.
Incomplete entries will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Promotional Site is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
4. Bonus Entries: Participants who follow the steps outlined above to receive an initial entry may also earn bonus entries (each, a “Bonus Entry”) by sharing a bonus entry link on their social media sites, by email or by other method to invite Friends (each, a “Friend”) to enter the Sweepstakes, and/or by visiting the Prize Provider’s website at https://www.tn.com/moneypit. Entrants will receive five (5) Bonus Entries into the drawing for each Friend who subsequently entered the Sweepstakes through the participants bonus entry link; and entrants will receive five (5) Bonus Entries into the drawing for visiting Prize Provider’s website at https://www.tn.com/moneypit.
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE BONUS ENTRIES, THE FRIEND(S) WHO LEARNED OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA A PARTICIPANT’S BONUS ENTRY LINK MUST ALSO BE ELIGIBLE AS PER THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS FOR HIM/HER TO RECEIVE AN INITIAL ENTRY. IF A FRIEND WHO LEARNED OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIA A PARTICIPANT’S BONUS ENTRY LINK IS NOT ELIGIBLE OR DOES NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES BY FOLLOWING THE STEPS TO RECEIVE AN INITIAL ENTRY, A BONUS ENTRY WILL NOT BE AWARDED TO THE PARTICIPANT FOR THAT FRIEND. PARTICPANTS SHOULD OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF PARTICIPANT’S FRIEND BEFORE INVITING THEM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
Bonus Entries will NOT be provided if Sponsor determines, in their sole discretion, that (a) a Friend’s email address or Social Media Profile is not valid; (b) the Friend’s email address or Social Media Profile was not provided in accordance with these official Sweepstakes rules; or (c) another participant who previously submitted an (initial) entry already received a Bonus Entry by inviting that Friend to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, ten (10) First Prize Winners, twenty-five (25) Second Prize Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries on or before March 31, 2018. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, once confirmed, will receive:
- One (1) Tuft & Needle Mattress* – valued at up to $700. Total ARV up to $700; and
- Two (2) Tuft & Needle Pillows* – valued up to $125 each. Total ARV up to $250
- One (1) Tuft & Needle Mattress Sheet Set* – valued up to $125. Total ARV up to $125
*Winner may choose (1) mattress, (1) sheet set and (2) pillows of any size from those offered for sale on Prize Provider’s website at https://www.tuftandneedle.com.
Ten (10) First Prizes:
Ten First Prize Winners once confirmed, will each receive:
- Two (2) Tuft & Needle Pillows** – valued up to $125 each. Total ARV up to $2,500.
**Winners may choose (2) pillows of any size from those offered for sale on Prize Provider’s website at https://www.tuftandneedle.com.
Twenty-Five (25) Runner-up Prizes: Twenty-Five (25) Runner-up Prize Winners, once confirmed, will each receive:
- One (1) copy of the book “My Home My Money Pit: Your Guide to Every Home Improvement Adventure” by Tom Kraeutler and Leslie Segrete valued at $19.95. Total ARV – $498.75
Total ARV of all thirty-six (36) prizes is up to – $4,073.75
Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize at the time the prize is awarded will not be awarded. Prizes are limited to the quantity shown above for each prize level, regardless of the retail value of the specific size selected. No credit will be provided should winners choose to receive a mattress, sheet set or pillows of lesser value than the maximum retail value shown above. Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or substituted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with Prize receipt, regardless of whether Prize is used in whole or in part. Prizes include the standard product warranty. Winner must accept Prize delivery and installation in their home within six weeks of acceptance.
7. Notification/Acceptance: On or about one (1) day after the above detailed random drawings are performed, Sponsor will attempt to contact and notify the one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner, ten (10) potential First Prize Winners, twenty-five (25) potential Second Prize Winners by phone or email. If a notification attempt fails for any reason, if a potential winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the potential winner does not comply with these official rules, the corresponding prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries, if any.
Once contact is made, Sponsor may wish to confirm certain details of eligibility or to confirm the mailing address to which the prize should be sent. If the actual retail value of the Grand Prize of First Prize is more than six hundred dollars ($600), the potential Grand Prize Winner or potential First Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) calendar business days of notification (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification, due to exigencies) or the Grand Prize or First Prize will be forfeited. In such instance, Sponsor will also furnish the Grand Prize winner or First Prize Winner an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the tax year in which the Grand Prize of First Prize was accepted.
8. Prize Conditions: All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and any/all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of prizes, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. Any difference between the actual retail value and the stated ARV will not be awarded to prizewinner. All prizes will be awarded, provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries.
9. General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a selected winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential prizewinner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
10. Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sponsor and Prize Provider harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize herein, including, participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify the Sponsor and Prize Provider from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor and Prize Provider have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize.
Additionally, the Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access.
Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement on air of selected winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sponsor and Prize Provider are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible, or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods, third-party software, website, or any other devices that subvert the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential prize winners in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
11. Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: The sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New Jersey, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in New Jersey. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., in accordance with its streamlined arbitration rules and procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“jams rules”). The jams rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in New Jersey. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the county of Monmouth. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorneys’ fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
Once confirmed as a prize winner, the Sponsor or Prize Provider may use, announce, display, distribute or publish such prize winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, anywhere in the world in perpetuity in connection with this Sweepstakes, or as Sponsor or Prize Provider otherwise determines in its sole discretion, and for purposes of advertising or trade in promoting or publicizing Sponsor or Prize Provider, its products and/or services, without compensation (where legal).
13. Winners’ List: For a list of winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope which must be received by APRIL 30, 2018 to: THE MONEY PIT® Good Night’s Sleep Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o Squeaky Door Productions, Inc., 304 Roosevelt Avenue, Suite 1, Oakhurst, NJ 07755.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Squeaky Door Productions, Inc., 304 Roosevelt Avenue, Suite 1, Oakhurst, NJ 07755.