00:00/ 00:00
  • Transcript

    LESLIE: Igor in New York, you’ve got The Money Pit. What can we do for you today?

    IGOR: I would like to replace our kitchen cabinet doors with European sizing; it’s in metric.
    TOM: OK.
    IGOR: And I would like to replace them with a glass or tinted glass. My question is: what kind of hinges I can use so I can – from outside they’re not going to be as visible or – and mountable.
    TOM: So do you want to set the glass inside the cabinet door or do you want the entire door to be glass?
    IGOR: Entire door to be glass.
    LESLIE: Oh.
    TOM: OK. You’re going to need a glass hinge. You see these a lot on like glass door cabinets. I’m sure they’re special order but I’m sure, also, that they’re available.
    IGOR: So it’s a special glass hinge?
    TOM: Yeah, it’s a glass door hinge. You very often will see it on, well, China cabinets or other types of glass cabinets. It kind of looks like a clamp that holds the glass in place.
    IGOR: I would have to drill something or …?
    TOM: You may very well have to drill but there are also others that just simply clamp onto the edge of the glass.
    IGOR: Oh, clamp. OK.
    TOM: Yes. So I would – I would search on glass door hinges. I bet you’ll find them that way. You’re not going to find them in the hardware store or the home center but they should be available.
    LESLIE: Yeah, there’s actually a great website. It’s called Sugatsune – which is S-u-g-a-t-s-u-n-e.com – and they manufacture every type of glass door hinge: ones that are sort of glass-to-glass-mounted with overlay; complete overlay. And they don’t sell them on the site but they tell you exactly where to buy what you need.
    IGOR: You have wonderful program. I always listen.
    TOM: (overlapping voices) Well, thank you very much, Igor.
    LESLIE: (overlapping voices) Thank you.
    TOM: Thanks so much for calling us at 1-888-MONEY-PIT.

Leave a Reply