Have you ever seen a pair of pants holding up an air duct? Neither have we, but we’re sure your local home inspector wouldn’t be shocked. Keep reading to see some of the worst DIY fails, courtesy of the American Society of Home Inspectors!
Photos provided by the following home inspector members of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors:
- I Don’t Need No Stinking Female Plug! John Gamache, CCI, ACI Capstone Home Inspection Service, Escondido, CA
- Drove My Chevy To the Levy. Eric Korpon, Super Snooper Home Inspections, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Shingle Flashing. Frank Glomb, Terra Home Inspections LLC, North Plainfield, NJ
- Does This Duct-Work Make My Butt Look Big? Tom Sherman, Absolute Home Inspection, Inc. Baldwinsville, NY
- Curious Antiquity. Chris McDougall, Apex Home Inspection, Aroma, CA
- We Call These Widow Makers. James Brock, Boston Home Inspectors, Inc. South Boston, MA
- Safety Last! Ken Meyer, Portico Home Inspection LLC, Portland, OR
- Yeah, We had a Leak in the Supply Pipe, but it was Fixed! Thomas R. Battoe, Performance Home Inspections, DeBary, FL
- DIY Danger! David Maudlin, Indy Pro Inspection Service, Inc. Carmel, IN
- Preparation for the Impending Mouse Zombie Apocalypse. Bill J. Loden, Insight Building Inspection Inc. Madison, AL
- What! Something’s Gotta Hold Up the Lawn. Daniel Dodge, Top Notch Home Inspections, Myersville, MD
Want to make sure your next home doesn’t end up in this series? Then make sure your next home inspector is a member of ASHI!