Home inspectors have seen some bizarre things, from electrocuted bees to periscopes on the roof. Scroll down to see these 12 disturbing DIYs, courtesy of the American Society of Home Inspectors!
Photos provided by the following home inspector members of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors:
- Must-Read Baby-Proofing Article on Page 12! Bill Jacques, American Inspection Svc. Inc. Ravenel, SC
- The Water Pressure Isn’t What It Used To Be. Don Fischer, Extra Eyez Inspections, Woodstock, IL
- Well, at Least They Get Points for Symmetry…Brian Snowberg, Heartland Inspections, Mahtomedi, MN
- Probably Should Have Serviced the HVAC Unit & Slow Going. Jeremy Provan, Pro Vantage, Columbia, MD
- Plenty of Light in the Attic. Dan Prescott, Buyers Protection Group, Saint Louis, MO
- Cable TV Conduit. Jerry Kelly, Southern Home Inspection LLC, Birmingham, AL
- Strike, You’re Out!, Up Periscopes, and This Must Be the Latest in Wireless Technology. Ken Meyer, Portico Home Inspection LLC, Portland, OR
- Buzzzz….ZAP! Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Elizabethtown, PA
- Here’s a Street Name Joke that Only a Home Inspector Would Appreciate. Michael Chambers, The Brick-Kicker of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
Want to make sure your next home doesn’t end up in this series? Then make sure your next home inspector is a member of ASHI!