From corn growing in the gutter to light switches on cabinets, home inspectors have seen it all! Check out these DIY horror stories that will keep you up at night, courtesy of The American Society of Home Inspectors.
Photos provided by the following home inspector members of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors:
- Going Green & Good Thing I Got On the Roof. Lon Grossman, Technihouse Inspections, Inc. Bloomfield Hills, MI
- New definition of raised garden. Jim White, Superior Home Inspections, Homer, IL
- Maybe Santa needs to charge his iPhone? & Common sense not so common. Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Lancaster, PA
- Why the trap? Corey Cahill, National Inspection Service Of Indiana, Inc. Evansville, IN
- How about a Drain Plug? Be Prepared! Jim Young, HomePro, Cleveland, OH
- Form Over Function. Stephen Tyler, STAT Home Inspections, Doylestown, PA
- Relief Valve, Valve. John Pesek, J. Charles Associates, Howell, MI
- Creative Support. Ted Rabenberg, Advanced Home Inspections, Fairmont, NE
- Structure? What structure? Joseph Araiz, Civil Engineering/JS Home Inspection, Fresno, CA
- Plumbing + Mechanics =… Tony Shaw, Springer Professional Home Services, Cedar Rapids, IA
Want to make sure your next home doesn’t end up in this series? Then make sure your next home inspector is a member of ASHI!