Do it Yourself? More like DON’T it Yourself! From wooden circuit breakers to bird-nest insulation, these home improvement fails will make you cringe AND chuckle at the same time. Courtesy of the American Society of Home Inspectors.
Photos provided by the following home inspector members of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors:
- Creative Plumbing, LLC & I think the sag is gone. Alvin Miller, Hawkeye Home Inspections, LLC, Iowa City, IA
- At least it was installed by a plumber. Christopher Feroli, A Quality Home Inspection, Inc., Mashpee, MA
- WOOD you please go reset the breaker? Stephen Comer, C’ville Home Inspection, Charlottesville, VA
- Who needs trusses? & We need space! Uli Sommers, Sommers Home Inspections, LLC, Beaverton, OR
- Homeowner says: “Never been a flood!” Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Lancaster, PA
- Strong push for the green movement. Matt Leahy, The Edge Home Inspections, Tuscon, AZ
- Redneck engineering becomes more sophisticated. Clay Ridings, Preferred Inspections, Arden, DE
- “Bird” Home Inspections. Trey Hargus, Premier Home Inspections, LLC, Springdale, AR
- Roof repair? More like a poorly applied Band-Aid. Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Lancaster, PA
- Electrical Fun House. Chris Lucke, Missouri Property Inspections, St. Louis, MO
Want to make sure your next home doesn’t end up in this series? Then make sure your next home inspector is a member of ASHI!