At The Money Pit, we love DIY projects and solutions, however some people like to take it WAY too far! Check out some of the most cringeworthy DIY mistakes discovered by The American Society of Home Inspectors.
Photos provided by the following home inspector members of ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors:
- Control top recommended. Andrew Warde, Elite Home Inspection Services, Columbia, MD
- Found the missing piece! Ted Clack, Switchback Home Inspections, LLC, Bozeman, MT
- Hanging on by a shim… Yanir Pesoke, Clearview Home Inspection, Stamford, CT
- Good start on a green roof. James Brock, Boston Home Inspectors, Inc. Boston, MA
- Can you guess where this is from…& Beautiful, California! John Gamache Capstone Home Inspection Service, Escondido, CA
- Common sense is not so common. Matthew Steger, WIN Home Inspection, Lancaster, PA
- Redneck Laundromat. Kyle Rodgers, A+ Home Inspection, Siloam Springs, AR
- Shock Therapy. Jason Gingery, View Point Inspections, Santa Cruz, CA
- Cleans every nook and cranny. Patrick M. Lyons, The Buyer’s Inspector, LLC, Ann Arbor, MI
- The Short Alarm. Joshua Daggs, Fire & Ice Contractors, LLC, Colorado Springs, CO
- Hide-and-Seek. Craig Tillman, Tillman Inspections, LLC, Wynnewood, PA
Want to make sure your next home doesn’t end up in this series? Then make sure your next home inspector is a member of ASHI!