Increasing Slope of Ground Around the Outside of the House

Submitted By
Janice Bahr
1 expert, 0 community

I have heard on your excellent radio show about the importance of increasing the slope of the ground around the foundation of the house.  You have mentioned that we should use filtered ground (soil) and not regular top soil.  I have checked in my town (Champaign,IL) and found no one who knows what filtered ground (soil) is or where to purchase this filtered soil.  I need your help in solving this problem.  Many thanks.

Janice Bahr

Post new answer

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.


Not "filtered" but "FILL" dirt! (hey, its not coffee we're making here! : -)

Ask for "clean fill dirt" and you should have no problem finding it.  Clean fill is dirt that compacts well and does not include organic debris or glass in it. 

0 users found this helpful
You voted
Was this answer helpful?