I have lived in my house for 27 years and my crawl space flooded for the first time during hurricane Irene. I had 8 inches of water in the crawl space. The floor of the crawl space is sand with a plastic vapor barrier. I removed the water with a portable sump pump and a wet vac. I have been running a box fan at the entrance full speed for 48+ hours. The only thing in my crawl space is the holding tank for the water from my well. The pressure switch got wet and had to be replaced on the tank.
- Do I need to remove the old vapor barrier and install a new one because it got wet?
- Since it flooded, should I now have a sump pump installed?
- Should I spray the crawl space with some kind of anti-mold solution?