Hi -

My dad recently passed away and now we are trying to figure out what needs to e done to his house to get it updated.  The house was built in the late 90s.  Specifically, I'm looking for things like the water heater, filters, roofs, etc.  Also, I think his house has aluminum pipes and you can hear when the water runs throughout the entire house.  What can we do to fix this without having to tear down the walls?

Post new answer

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.


First, sorry to hear about your dad.  I would recommend getting a professional home inspection by an ASHI certified inspector.  Visit www.ashi.org to find one in your area.  An inspector can tell you exactly what issues the home has, if any.  Also, you will know exactly what's going on before any potential buyer can take issue with it.  Not getting caught off guard during the selling process will go a long way in a successful sale.  For more information on how a home inspection can help, please see our article, "Home Inspection Checklist for Buyers and Sellers". 

0 users found this helpful
You voted
Was this answer helpful?