Dry Wall: How to remove texture

Submitted By
1 expert, 0 community

I am purchasing  a manufactured mobile home that was previously owned. The manufacturers use a type of drywall that has a wall paper like covering. I think it is referred to as vinyl over gypsum. The previous owners did a hurried job at texturing the interior walls. They textured right over the original wall covering & did not do a very good job at it. The texture is REALLY uneven & rougher than what I would like. I would like to know if texturing right on top of this wall paper like surface is o.k. & how would I go about changing the texture to something a little less rough?

I appreciate any tips or ideas in this matter.

Thank you for your program !!!!!

Carl in Weiser, Idaho    ( pronounced weezer )   LOL

Post new answer

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.