Contractor Theft? File Criminal Complaint

Submitted By
1 expert, 0 community

In august of 2013 I paid a contractor in New Jersey a check for $1700 to purchase materials and a down payment for a kitchen remodel. The contractor cashed the check but he never performed the services or purchased the materials. I filed a civil suit and won but of course he did not show up. Can I file a criminal complaint against him for theft 1 and a half years later and if so how do I begin?

Post new answer

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.