Code Violation on Carport Conversion

Submitted By
1 expert, 0 community

I recently purchased a home that was converted from a carport to a living space. I received a code violation notice and now I either need to bring it up to code or turn it back into a carport. I would like to keep my living space. The city said I would need to hire an engineer and submit plans. Can you please tell me the most cost effective way to keep my living space???? Thanks

Post new answer

Type the characters you see in this picture. (verify using audio)
Type the characters you see in the picture above; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.