Twelve years ago we added a gas log fireplace...When the contractor appied the flashing he did not do an aquatic job and this year September I replaced the flashing, shingles and rotten wood on the chimney. Today 12/16/2012 we noticed a small amount of water dripping (< than a 1/4 cup), through the front of the fireplace while it was being used.
Condition: House Temp.: 60
Outside temp: 49
Overcast with intermitten dirzle
When the dirpping started I immeditely went up on the roof and cleaned fallen leaves from aroung the chimney. By the time I returned inside the dripping had subsided.
I am thinking this may have been condesation, thoweve, that being said this is the first time in twelve years that we have experenced this, do you have an opinion?
Thank you for your assistance.