It's easy to take your hot water heater's service for granted, and you should be checking your heater regularly for maintenance issues that can lead to leaking.
One sign of trouble is a leak, and if it's major, you need to do the following:
- Turn off the fuel supply.
- Shut off cold the water supply to the water heater.
- Open all hot water faucets in your home.
- Attach a hose to the drain valve at the bottom of water heater and drain unit of all water.
- Call your plumber and visit www.smarterhotwater.com for more info.